Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Appretiation for those who...

Beyond the chaos that my life has become, I've found myself so appretiative of other gays and lesbians that have influenced me. I don't know if I would be out today if I didn't know that other people had gone through the process of coming out before me. I don't know where I would be if I didn't know that my Mom has a cousin that is gay.
Someone had to be the first to come out. And whoever was the first person to ever stand up and say those two simple words ("I'm gay") was brave enough to stand up for what they were/are.
Where would be today if it wasn't for Ellen saying those two simple words on TV?
What if My great uncle never had children?
What if my mom's cousin never came out?
What if I never heard about this person that is my mom's cousin and who is gay and in a committed relationship?
What if I had decided that my sexuality didn't matter?
What if I never came out?
What if I didn't start this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment