Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homophobia

There are people out there who are homophobic-who don't like gays and lesbians a single bit. What I've found is that many of these people are ignorant. They-the homophobes-are ignorant about why and how we came to be gay or lesbian. Many tiomes people who are homophobic believe that we choose to be gay, not realizing that we were born this way and that we cannot control our attraction towards people of the same sex. They don't realize that we can't just pray the gay away. They tell us we should burn in hell for our sexuality. I don't have all the answers for what people who are homophobic say. But I deal with it when I encounter it.

I offer anybody who is homophobic to sit down with me so that we can talk about being gay. I tell them that I didn't choose to be this way. I tell them that God tells us to love one anouther. I tell them that God tells us not to judge one anouther. I tell people that are homophobic that I believe that God created me gay for a reason, and that reason will make sense in the end. I tell them to believe what they want, but not to take my rights away because you think I am wrong.

People who are homophobic seem to be scared of what they cannot understand or cannot explain. Aren't we all scared of what we do not understand or cannot explain?

No comments:

Post a Comment