Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Religion

Being gay or lesbian and religious don't seem to mesh for many. I've heard of people who are gay, and abandoned their faith because of their sexuality. And then there are those of us who are gay, and still believe in God. I'm one of those who has managed to merge their sexuality and faith.

Having read quite a bit of the bible, I have discovered nothing against gays and lesbians. I've found parts that say that prostitution is wrong But I haven't found anything that directly says that being gay is wrong. The bible says to love one anouther. The bible says to treat others as you want to be treated. The bible to says not to judge one anouther. I try to live by those three rules every day. I try to love everyone in my life. I try to treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I try not to judge others.

If you're religious, I understand if you don't agree with me. If you aren't religious, and you don't agree with me, I understand. That's not the point. The point is that merging you're sexuality and religion isn't easy. Some people manage to do it, and others don't. Find what you believe in, and stay with it. It isn't easy to merge being gay and religion, and I understand that.


If you're gay/lesbian, and are struggling know that it gets better. If you just need someone to listen, to answer your questions, to be there when no one else is, go to www.trevorproject.org or call or text me at 989-941-7385. There is so much hope for your future, and I don't want you to feel alone or take your own life because you feel so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment